I did a little reading on how to make rye crackers and there was mention of hot irons. I have a waffle maker, so I thought great I will try that. I didn't make crackers, but I did make waffles!
- 100g organic rye flour
- 250g water
- Grease your waffle maker with either cold pressed extra virgin olive oil or butter, set it to a high temperature and turn it on.
- Weigh out the flour into a bowl and gradually add the water mixing it well
- Once the waffle maker has reached the correct temperature pour some of the mixture into the waffle maker, put the lid down and leave it for at least 5 minutes before having a look to see how it is doing.
- Leave the waffle in for around 8-10 minutes in total
- Eat straight away or leave to cool completely before storing
- Repeat until the mixture has been used up.
- Store any left over waffles in an airtight container or freeze.