The most popular way to use up the crumbs in my household is mixed in with a bowl of homemade yoghurt as my kids have it most days for dessert.
There are a wide variety of uses for crumbs though and there is no need to let them go to waste ever again
Here are 5 more ideas for using up the crumbs:
- Squash the crumbs together while still warm and make them into bite sized snacks. If they are too crumbly you could add a little oil to combine them.
- Cheesecake base - just combine the crumbs with a little melted butter or oil, put a layer in the bottom of the relevant dish. Layer with the rest of the cheesecake ingredients and put in the fridge to set.
- Sprinkled onto a bowl of icecream - they can really jazz up a boring bowl of vanilla!
- Crumbs could be used to top fruit pies and bakes - just mix in a little oil or butter to stop the crumbs from burning.
- Eat them as a yummy snack when all the baking has gone!
This post has been linked up at Your Green Resource, Blog Stalking Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday and Seasonal Celebration Wednesday